02 October 2005

New Watch Lost, Found


Dear Wife bought me a Citizen's Stiletto watch for our anniversary. It has the eco drive feature that enables it to run on solar power. I had not worn it much, so DW said: "Leave it out so it charges in the open." I took this to mean that I should put it out on the trunk of my car with the garage door open so it could soak up some sun on Friday.

I couldn't find it this morning. Suddenly it dawned on me with sickening clarity that I left it on the car, which I drove a couple times since Friday afternoon. You guessed it. I found it in about eight gnarled pieces on the street in front of my house. Unrepairable would be an understatement.

In typical sit-com fashion, I hid the pieces, found the watch on the internet and ordered a new one. Hopefully DW will not want me to wear it to my brother's party today, like she would if my life were a sit-com. Well, MORE like a sit-com.

No comments:

StatCounter