05 October 2005

Game One - White Sox! AJ! AJ! AJ!


The Chicago American League franchise beat the crap out of the Carmines of Boston yesterday. I was so nervous about the outcome I hopped on the treadmill at game time to work off the stress. When Pierzynski hit his first of two homers I almost fell off the belt during my jumping up and down and clapping and doing my best Hawk Harrelson imitation. Had I fallen and critically injured myself, I would have died, since I was the only one home.

Forty-six years ago in 1959 I was eight years old the last time the Sox won a home playoff game. Yesterday, my eight year old daughter saw them do it again.

A supposedly washed-up pitcher that that Sox aquired the year before from the contending Cleveland Indians, Early Wynn, won game one. Yesterday, a supposedly washed-up Jose Contreras, aquired last year from the Yankees in an apparent salary dump. won game one.

In 1959 a big bulging polack named Ted Kluszewski hit two home runs in game one to lead the Sox to an 11-0 rout. Yesterday, a big smart-ass polack with a penchant for kicking people in the nuts, AJ Pierzynski, hit two home runs to lead the Sox to a 14-2 rout.

Let us hope the similarities end there, and the 2005 edition of las Medias Blancas has more success than the 1959 squad.

No comments:

StatCounter