01 October 2005

Another Month Past

I have been unemployed for 3 months now. Not really unemployed; I putter around the house and feed the dogs and children. I have some utility. The family keeps me around mostly because I can reach high shelves, lift heavy objects and kill spiders.

It is now October 1st and I am not any closer to being employed than I was July 1st. Potential clients have dragged their feet on making a decision, as they are wont to do. I think it is commonly accepted organizational theory that companies wait until the last possible moment to make the least risky and least disruptive decision based upon personal political considerations rather than facts. Using this decision-making process, the organization is guaranteed spending money to achieve no results, because everyone is afraid of change anyway.

I have an interview Wednesday morning. It is with a healthcare company that is looking for contoller-type help. I am not a controller, but I have done various and sundry accounting related projects over the years. Intellectually, I can do the job standing upon my big fat head, but the grunt work aspect of the position appalls me. Ugh, ugh and ugh. I am going to interview so they can see my smiling face and hear what a brilliant guy I really am in hopes that, when I turn down this position, they realize they need me for something more challenging, although what that may be I haven't a clue.

The White Sox pulled a division title out of what orifice I do not know, but if they can pull 11 wins out of said aperture in the post-season, I will be happy, however I do not want to be privy to what acts of deviltry they may resort to in the locker room to ensure victory.

I am supposed to begin teaching accounting on the college level in 24 days. I am so uninspired by the prospect that I have prepared nothing for the class as of yet. I expended a lot of energy just getting the correct username and password with which to access my "course shell" on the internet. I purused the website for about ten minutes and then logged off, exhausted.

I have been thinking about opening a retail bicycle store in partnership of some kind with a friend of mine. It sounds like heaps of fun, but I need to do my homework to make sure I don't lose several assorted shirts in the pursuit of a fore-doomed dream. This prospect is the best I have.

Last but not least, my workout regimin goes on. I got down to a low of 206 this month, but now hover at 209, plateaued once more. I feel good and people tell me I look good, so that provides impetus for continued sweat production. I am thinking of joining a Sunday night swim club.

But enough about me.

No comments:

StatCounter