27 October 2005

Is Chicago Burning?


The Chicago White Sox are the Champions of the World!

I thought Sox fans were supposed to destroy the city, if you believed the media elite. They seem pretty well-behaved.

I went to bed last night a happy man, tired but not blotto. I knew I had to get up to send the kids off to school today. My celebration was actually quite subdued. A little mist. A lot of relief. Happiness that years of frustration had vanished.

I am too old to need a lot of validation, but I still need it. The White Sox have justified my life-long interest in them. Cub fans can no longer smirk, other fans can no longer ignore. We are the champions. The only thing sweeter would be to repeat in 2006.

1 comment:

Bret said...

Hey, congrats to the Sox. Some hurting folks down here, who have to endure the next 3 months of the Texans before the Rockets' season gets interesting.

Thanks also for the link on your blog, but it looks like it's not working. Hopefully the massive traffic here will figure it out...

StatCounter