31 December 2005

Amateur Night


Another year has passed. The best parts of 2005 were the White Sox, improvement of personal health and no health issues of consequence among family and friends.

Now it is time for the ritual partying. Some party at bars or restaurants where the prices have been jacked up for the occasion. Other go to friends' homes where the partying is usually pretty lame. Still others go to expensive mega-parties at hotels that are the world's largest meat markets. Most will drink responsibly, many will clog the roadways with blood alcohol levels of lethal proportions.

I tended bar on the Street of Dreams in Chicago during my twenties. I worked twelve hours every NY Eve. I have had enough out with the old, in with the new. December 31st is just another reminder that we are getting older and our appointment with the grim reaper is that much closer.

Like most Greater Chicago-Milwaukee-land Area parents with children, DW and I will stay home and safely watch the ball drop in New York at 11pm. Probably be asleep by midnight.

Hey, I need to get up at 6 with the dogs.

No comments:

StatCounter