30 December 2005

2006 Goals


After some sober reflection, I believe I have come up with reasonable 2006 goals.

1) Improve fitness. I will continue to spin 4 days a week, run 3 days, join the Sunday night swim club for 6 weeks this winter, Pilates twice a week and do weight training 3 days a week. The new twist here is the swimming. I am not a very good swimmer. It is more like controlled flailing. People of Polish descent are not very buoyant.
(Meanwhile I dread the descent of 500 New Year's Resolutioners on my gym this coming week.)

2) Understand my wife and daughters better. It is a female world, I am just living in it.

3) Work at something I enjoy. I just finished a 12,000 word chapter book designed for kids in 3rd to 6th grade. I am going to try to sell it and write another. My daughters thought it was pretty damn good. The day job I ultimately get will be something I enjoy, not just a grind.

4) Only three goals? Believe me, less is more in this case.

1 comment:

Bret said...

Good luck with the book! What's it called?

StatCounter