01 February 2006

The Avo


About a month ago I planted a couple avocado seeds (Haas of course) in some moist soil. I kept their feet pretty wet and was rewarded with a day of sprouting. One is 14 inches tall after only a week and the other sprouted and then gave up. Back in the day I did this and ended up with two trees that I labored over for four years or so until they were eight feet tall. They were very spindly, though. I think because I did not pinch them back in their youth, they grew wild and unfetterd into long-legged beasties rather than real trees. Therefore I will raise this one a bit differently.
The wonder of life. Every Haas avocado on the display at the Jewels is a tree waiting to grow.

2 comments:

Otter said...

Is this for science class?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE avocadoes. Do you grow MUSTARD too?

StatCounter