07 February 2006

Odd Types


It takes all kinds to make a world, and I run into them every day in my current role of layabout. There is a man about age sixty who haunts the gym about every morning. He wears horn rimmed glassed with yellow lenses. Although he is in the gym daily, his skin is sallow and his eyes are bloodshot. He is overweight. I was discussing the healing wonders of the styptic pencil with a fellow gym rat the other day, and how they are hard to find in the stores of late. They seem to have fallen out of favor somewhat. Mr. Yellow glasses asked "A what?"
"Styptic pencil" I replied.
"Styptic pencil" he repeated to himself, quietly looking down at the floor. I don't think he knew what it was. What male doesn't know that it is the sliced up face's best friend?

Next: Strange frowning bald man with hair on his back.

No comments:

StatCounter