22 January 2006

Swim Club


I write this at 5:54 pm on Sunday evening. At 6:30 I need to leave for the pool. I don't want to go.

I signed up for a Sunday evening swim club at my gym. An hour and fifteen minutes of laps and drills. About 1,300 metres. The first night I swallowed a gallon of pool water and threw up when I got home. The next week my goggies kept leaking. I did not throw up, but I was gassed. Tonight, who knows? I have new goggies, Aquasphere Seals. I have been stretching out my ankles to improve my kick which right now is weak, weak, weak. I swim on Tuesdays and Thursdays for half an hour to build endurance in between Sunday evenings.

Why am I doing this? To improve my fitness, maybe do a sprint triathlon in August. Secondly, it is an exercise in discipline, something I need during these days when I am not working full time. So here I go.

1 comment:

Bret said...

Best exercise ever, dude. My hat's off to you for sticking to it.

StatCounter