03 August 2005

Hoodwinked!


I mentioned to the Dear Wife that I wanted to fix up the den. Being unemployed at present, I have time to spiff things up around Dustmite Manor. Normally, I avoid servile work at all costs, not only on Sunday, but all other days as well. I can't remember exactly when I last mowed a lawn. My guys do it. I seldom wash my car. That is for the car wash guys. I do not paint. I hate it. I really abhor it.
Naturally DW had to hoodwink me into painting the den. We bought new furniture for it and I moved out all the old garbage, books, computer crap, etc. We picked out paint, and did not hire the painter (who is one of my best pals as well) because DW and Dear Nanny both said they loved to paint and would pitch in to do. Needless to say the furniture is coming in a week and I just got finsihed priming the damn room.
Don't listen to the pimply-faced kid behind the paint counter at Home Depot when he tells you one gallon of tinted primer would be enough to do a 12x12 room. Two and a half gallons later, I finally got the needed coverage. The walls had only the contractor paint on them from when the house was built nine years ago. I knew they would soak up paint like crazy, but I did not anticipate how thirsty they would be.
Today I finished touching up the primer and am ready to begin the first coat, Cottonwood by Ralph Lauren. It will go on two walls and the ceiling. RL Kauai Jungle will go on the other two walls.
DW once more shows me she is smarter than I am. She is gallavanting in Cleveland for a couple days. I am performing servile work.

1 comment:

Ilk said...

I tell you what just like I always do Lankster--I'm willing to have a paint party with your Dear Wife anytime, especially if it involves being servile.

StatCounter