13 August 2005

Getting in Shape #5


I am down to 211 lbs this week, a total weight loss of 31 lbs since January 1st. I backed off of training one day a week because I felt I was overdoing it.
Monitor your heart rate to help you determine if you may be overtraining. If your heart rate is elevated during rest, or if you have difficulty raising and lowering your heart rate during aerobic exercise, it might be time to back off the schedule.
I also have shed 8 inches from my waist since January, and the benefits of that are huge. My clothes fit again. I have disposed of all my fat guy clothes.
I still want to get down to under 200 by my 55th birthday in December. I seem to be well on my way. My training partner leaves for England on August 31st. It will be an immeasurable loss to me, not only because of the training implications, but I have become very attached to her. She has been a great companion this summer and I wish her all the best.

No comments:

StatCounter