27 February 2007

Resurrection of an iPod

Just a few days ago, I was despondent over the loss of my 20GB iPod Photo. Since I had nothing to lose, I decided to Google for a way to get it to work.

Yes, I was going to hack it! It was only a doorstop anyway, and I was not about to pay some goof $250 to crack it open for me. You can find the forums on iPod hacking yourself, they are everywhere. Most sites agreed that if you popped open the case and made sure the wires were seated, it would magically be cured. I was skeptical, but I tried it. It took me a bit to pry the case open with a screwgie, but I did succeed in doing so. Once it was open I sent a puff of air, like God's own breath, into the machine to clear out the dust and whatnot. Darn if it didn't make the hard drive start spinning immediately. That was three days ago.

Now I have two iPods! Yeah!

No comments:

StatCounter